Yes, a file with the wall plan diagrammed out is a good idea.
Here are some other thoughts:
I'm not sure about the poster size based on the photo, but I do think the posters are too close together. They aren't meant to be a suite, but to be three options that would be seen at different times in different places.
As the posters are displayed now, the big red dialogue bubbles don't line up and it's a bit disconcerting when they are so close together.
As you figure out the wall layout, maybe consider categories other than media as a way to organize and represent your thinking. For instance: There's an overarching mission statement and then there are three approaches: The twitter feed approach, the actual dialogue approach, and the endless emails approach. maybe cluster the designs that way? So one poster and the website would be closer on the wall than the motion piece, the bus stop, and another poster. I'm not sure about this, but I think it would be more organic and represent the users point of view more accurately.
Finally, there's some stuff that looks too small on the wall. I don't know what it is, but err on the side of the dramatic when scaling the presentation!
i think the poster size looks good.
ReplyDeletei'm revising your mission statement, so i'll post it later...
can you make a .ai file for the wall? so we can kind of get a quick look on how everything will look like in the end?
my screenshot dimension is 9 x 7.5 in.
the storyboard (12 frames) is 30 x 20 in.
I actually think that it would be nice if the posters were larger. the wall looks kinda of bare.
ReplyDeleteBut with making them bigger I have concerns about where everything else should go. I guess i need to see it with the logo and mission statement too.
Larger may look nicer tho.
It's good to see the room coming together.
ReplyDeleteYes, a file with the wall plan diagrammed out is a good idea.
Here are some other thoughts:
I'm not sure about the poster size based on the photo, but I do think the posters are too close together. They aren't meant to be a suite, but to be three options that would be seen at different times in different places.
As the posters are displayed now, the big red dialogue bubbles don't line up and it's a bit disconcerting when they are so close together.
As you figure out the wall layout, maybe consider categories other than media as a way to organize and represent your thinking. For instance: There's an overarching mission statement and then there are three approaches: The twitter feed approach, the actual dialogue approach, and the endless emails approach. maybe cluster the designs that way? So one poster and the website would be closer on the wall than the motion piece, the bus stop, and another poster. I'm not sure about this, but I think it would be more organic and represent the users point of view more accurately.
Finally, there's some stuff that looks too small on the wall. I don't know what it is, but err on the side of the dramatic when scaling the presentation!
Best,
AG